Group Piano for ages 6-11
The Primer Level introduces the keyboard, note values, and the grand staff. Students play in Middle C Position and C Position through recognition of steps and skips, and learn letter names independent of finger number. Musicianship is built through the use of dynamics and coloristic experimentation with the pedal.
Level 1 is for students who can play 5 finger or 8 note scales, and read in C position and know the rhythmic note values for quarter note, half note and whole note.
In these class, a small group of students will go through the initial part of this level together online with their own instruments at home. Time is spent learning concepts through screen sharing and then practicing them online on their instruments. Each student takes turn with their mic on while others play along. This builds great rhythmic coordination and listening skills!
Caregivers are welcome, and required for children in school grade 3 and under, to attend and assist their children. A piano or a digital keyboard is required to have at home for daily practice for this course. If a keyboard is chosen, it must have 88 keys, a pedal, a keyboard stand, a piano bench or adjustable stool, and a stand to hold the music. Minimum practice requirements are 20 minutes per day, 5 days per week.
10 session to start with the intention to continue on with the same group after the initial classes.
Classes will meet ONLINE via zoom.
The classes will cost as follows:
Registration Fee – $15.00 (waived for all new classes)
- Piano Materials – students must purchase these on their own. Primer Level: Piano Adventures Primer Level: Lesson, Technique, Performance, Theory. Level 1: TBA by Teacher Tammy.
- Classes – $270 for 3 kids, $195 for 4 kids.
- Students are expected to be punctual in/and attending all classes and performances.
- There is a minimum practice requirement of 2o mins a day, 5 days a week.
- Students need to adopt a growth mindset and follow the respectful online conduct.
- Instrument – PIANO: full sized keyboard with 88 weighted keys, a music stand a keyboard stand, a pedal and a bench.
- Internet access (connecting your device directly to your ethernet will provide the most reliable connection for online study)
- 2 devices for each class: one to use as a camera for zoom, another to play backing tracks mid lesson.
- Music Stand to hold printed copies of music.
- Primer Level: Piano Adventures Primer Level: Lesson, Technique, Performance, Theory. Level 1: TBA by Teacher Tammy.
Ages: 6 to 11
Tuition: $270 tuition (See “Tuition Details below”)
Piano Primer Level: Thursdays, 4:30-5:00 pm FULL, Instructor Anna Orias, 10 weeks starting from 10/01/2020 to 12/17/2020.
Piano Primer Level: Thursdays, 5-5:30 pm, Instructor Anna Orias, 10 weeks starting from 9/24/2020 to 12/03/2020.
Piano Level 2: Tuesdays, 4-4:45 pm Still accepting students on proration. Instructor Tammy Hall. Starting on 9/29/2020 and going till 01/19/2021. This class has 13 sessions and is full semester long.
To enroll, hover over the product below and click the button to “add to cart”.
These dates and events are included in the Group Piano Class.
Watch samples of the class by viewing this YouTube playlist.
Didn’t find the class you wanted? Sign up for our waiting list below.