Attention all adult musicians: professionals and amateurs alike: Musically Minded Academy, in partnership with Stacey Pelinka and Oakland East Bay flautist Amy Likar, are hosting a unique 6 week workshop based on Feldenkrais and Alexander Technique.
- dramatic changes in your playing.
- greater ease in comfort in your practice and your everyday life
- freedom from right/wrong dichotomy that musicians often get stuck in.
- dynamic process-oriented rather than goal oriented learning,
- curiosity rather than judgment.
Learn to know yourself better through Feldenkrais Awareness through Movement and Alexander Technique Body Mapping lessons. Your natural ease and confidence will unfold!
Stacey Pelinka has presented Feldenkrais Method workshops at the San Francisco Conservatory, the California College of the Arts, and the National Flute Association annual convention. She teaches a bi-weekly class for musicians and staff at the San Francisco Symphony. www.staceypelinka.com
Amy Likar has presented Body Mapping and Alexander Technique workshops at the S.F. Conservatory, the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, the Juilliard School M.T.N.A. Conference and colleges throughout the U.S. As a flutist, Amy performs with the Oakland East Bay Symphony, and other groups in the bay area. www.bodymap.org.